Doug Ford provides update as Ontario cabinet considers more COVID-19 restrictions | LIVE

0
(0)

From Global News.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford will be making an announcement Friday following a cabinet discussion on tightening health measures, including considering a curfew, travel restrictions, and ordering a shut down of certain construction-related activities, in response to record-high COVID-19 cases in the province.

The sources who spoke to Global News, who weren’t authorized to speak publicly, warned the deliberations at Thursday’s cabinet meeting are evolving and items being discussed are subject to change.

Also up for consideration, the sources said, is a further tightening of restrictions around non-essential retail sales and cutting back on curbside pick-up.

The province’s associate medical officer of health, Dr. Barbara Yaffe said Thursday the situation in the province is “dire” and worse than any other point in the pandemic.

Ontario reported an all-time high of new COVID-19 cases, 4,736, on Thursday.

MORE: https://globalnews.ca/news/7760592/covid-ontario-restrictions-curfew/

Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews #COVID #Coronavirus

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Help us improve our content!

Tell us if mBlip should continue to feature this YouTuber's content.