From Physics Girl.
Lesson 8 (Gravitation and Orbits) of Dianna’s Intro Physics Class on Physics Girl. Never taken physics before? Want to learn the basics of physics? Need an AP Physics 1 review before the exam? This course is for you!
Exercises in this video:
1. An object with mass M is a distance R from the center of the earth. Another object with mass 2M is at a distance 3R from the center of the earth. What is the ratio of the forces between each object and the earth?
2. What is the force of gravity between the Earth and a pineapple with mass of 1kg, if the pineapple is falling near the Earth’s surface?
3. What would the acceleration due to gravity be on a planet with half the radius, but twice the mass of Earth?
4. The ISS orbits with an average altitude of 410 km. What is its orbital velocity? What is its orbital period?
5. Extras Credit: What is the orbital velocity of an object orbiting the Earth at a height of 35,800 km above the Earth’s equator? (Don’t forget to add in the Earth’s radius!). What is the orbital period?
Dianna Cowern – Executive Producer/Host/Writer
Jeff Brock – Lead Writer/Course Designer
Laura Chernikoff – Producer
Victoria C. Page – Video Editor
Sophia Chen – Researcher/Writer
Erika K. Carlson – Researcher/Writer
Hope Butner – Production Assistant
Levi Butner – Videographer
Lauren Ivy – Set Design
Vanessa Hill – Consulting Producer
Aleeza McCant – Illustrator
Rachel Allen – Illustrator
Consultant – Kyle Kitzmiller
Lucy Brock, Samantha Ward – Curriculum Consultants
Cathy Cowern – Transcription
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Help us improve our content!
Tell us if mBlip should continue to feature this YouTuber's content.