January 14, 2022: Biden’s voting rights push crushed, SCOTUS blocks Biden’s vaccine mandate, Novak Djokovic has visa revoked, Ukraine hit by cyberattack, North Korea launches third missile
1. Biden’s voting rights push was crushed by Senator Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona who said the ‘filibuster rule’ was needed to prevent further political divisions.
2. The U.S. Supreme Court blocked Biden’s vaccine-or-test policy for large businesses while endorsing a separate federal vaccine requirement for healthcare facilities.
3. Ukraine was hit by a massive cyberattack warning its citizens to ‘be afraid and expect the worst.’ Russia has massed more than 100,000 troops on its neighbor’s border.
4. The Australian government canceled Novak Djokovic’s visa again
saying the unvaccinated tennis star may pose a risk to the community.
5. North Korea fired at least two missiles on Friday, its third test in less than two weeks just hours after criticizing a U.S. push for new sanctions over the previous launches.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en