Ontario’s COVID-19 long-term care response criticized in scathing report

0
(0)

From Global News.

More than 3,700 people died from COVID-19 in Ontario’s long-term care homes during the pandemic and now a scathing report released on Friday is criticizing Premier Doug Ford’s government, as it details the province’s numerous failures to protect ill-equipped workers and residents from the virus.

The report by Ontario’s long-term care commission says "critical decisions came too late and the government’s emergency response system proved inadequate to protect staff and residents from COVID-19." It also said the second wave was "more deadly than the first."

But as Travis Dhanraj reports, Ontario Long-Term Care Minister Merrilee Fullerton dodged many questions by journalist on the new report during a press conference, deflecting the new findings

For more info, please go to https://globalnews.ca
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/20fcXDc
Like Global News on Facebook HERE: http://bit.ly/255GMJQ
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Toz8mt
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE: https://bit.ly/2QZaZIB
#GlobalNews

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Help us improve our content!

Tell us if mBlip should continue to feature this YouTuber's content.